Your initial cleaning appointment will consist of any necessary X-rays, scaling and prophy or prophy Jet.
If you are diagnosed with Periodontal Disease, you will need a consultation with the hygienist and/or doctor regarding your treatment options. You will be shown the periodontal charting and discuss your pocket numbers.
If you or your family have a history of periodontal disease, there is a 50% chance you will get it too!
If your treatment plan is more involved than a regular cleaning – gross scaling or root planing, we will schedule another appointment to ensure you are properly treated.
Our dentist will perform a head and neck exam, review your medical history, diagnose 2-dimensional X-rays and CAT scan 3-dimensional images, if taken. We will also review your missing teeth, the general condition of your gums and bone, check for any signs of decay and assess the condition of any dental appliance you may have.
After the assessment, we will create a treatment plan for you based on our findings.
If you are in extreme pain due to a dental problem, we will do everything we can to alleviate your pain through emergency treatment and then schedule you for follow-up appointments afterward.
At the time of consultation, please provide us with the following details:
- Referral slip (if applicable) and X-rays of your teeth if you have any
- A list of medications you are taking right now
If you have a dental insurance plan, please bring your insurance card on your first visit. If an insurance card is not available, please provide us your subscriber number, group number and the contact number of your insurer. These details are necessary so we can help you process your claim.
- For patients younger than 18 years old, they need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian in all appointments that involve irreversible dental procedures.
- If you have any medical condition such as high blood pressure, diabetes, artificial heart valves, joint replacement and other issues that may be of concern, please inform our office before your treatment. Please alert us also if you are taking any medications such as heart medications, cholesterol-lowering drugs, anti-coagulant therapy, aspirin and treatments to harden the bones, among others.
- If your physician or dentist has taken radiographic images and CAT scans of your mouth, please have them forwarded to us as these can aid us in our diagnosis. For digital radiographs, they can be sent to us via email: email@example.com.
- Should additional films be needed, they can be taken at our facility. We strictly abide by the American Dental Associations’ policy to protect patients against radiation. We have thyroid collars on each X-ray shield and use the lowest possible dose of radiation.